2017 Texas Monthly Top 50

Texas Monthly just announced the updated Top 50 BBQ joints in the world. In case you did not know, I did help contribute to the list. I wrote a description for 6 of the 7 barbecue restaurants from the Houston area. I am not going to write about any of the places I visited on my blog though. I will let the pictures tell the story. There is some truth to this tweet:

Here are all the places I visited (in chronological order) for the June issue:

Killen's Barbecue



Central Texas BBQ



Skeets Barbeque



Southern Goods


Whole hog with slaw and cornbread


Smoked beef belly burnt ends on cheesy grits

Texas Brisket



Brookstreet BBQ



El Hidalguense


Cabrito

Jackson St BBQ



El Burro and the Bull



The Brisket House





Tres leches

Red River BBQ



Dickinson BBQ Company



A J's Meat Market



Kat's BBQ



Cattle Drive BBQ



4 Corners BBQ



Killen's STQ


Beef rib tamale

Beef rib ravioli

Brisket pappardelle

Candied bacon tres leches bread pudding

Pinkerton's Barbecue



The Pit Room




Midtown Barbeque (closed)



Willow's Texas BBQ


Corkscrew BBQ



Q-Shi BBQ & Sushi


BBQ fried rice and ribs

Sushi topped with brisket

Southern Q



Gatlin's BBQ



Roegels Barbecue Co.



Reuben with in-house smoked pastrami

Pappas Bar-B-Q



Valley Ranch Grill & Barbeque



529 BBQ



Pappa Charlies Barbeque



No Name Bar-B-Q



Ray's Real Pit BBQ Shack



Pizzitola's Bar-B-Cue



Luling City Market



Dirrty's BBQ Company



Virgie's Bar-B-Que



Burns Original BBQ



Triple J's Smokehouse



Beaver's (Westhemier)



Dozier's Grocery & Market



Lenox Barbecue & Catering



The Caboose BBQ



McMillan's Bar-B-Q




KB's BBQ



Aunt Jo's BBQ



Limon's BBQ Smokehouse



Mumphord's Place BBQ



Baker Boys BBQ



Southside Market & Barbeque


I love barbecue if you could not figure that out. I am passionate about it so it was an honor and a privilege to help. I had a blast along the way. I ended up visiting 49 different places in the Houston area, Victoria area, Gonzales, and Elgin and covered 2700+ miles. It was a pleasure working with editors Daniel Vaughn and Pat Sharpe. After completing my assignment, I went a whole week without eating barbecue. A whole week! Also, a shout out to my wife. Thanks for letting Texas BBQ take over our lives for about a month...

Leftovers on the dash

Leftovers in the Yeti

Until next time, happy smoking...

Comments

  1. Has anyone sampled the various product mentioned here, and can they tell which one is the best?
    best traeger grills

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts