FullHouse BBQ (First Impression)


We do not have a lot of reasons to go to Georgetown. I know we pass through it every time we go to Dallas, but that is about it. A friend of ours was having a get together at her parents' house in Georgetown so it was a good opportunity for me to stop in at FullHouse BBQ. Fullhouse has been on my list to visit for a few years now. They used to be more accessible to me when they were still at the GoodLife Food Park (home of La Barbecue for a little bit as well) in Austin. Robert Garrett and his trailer have been up in Georgetown since August 2014.


The baby back pork ribs special is only on Fridays and Saturdays. This particular weekend their meat supplier did not deliver any. I was a little bummed. I ordered a two-meat plate with moist brisket and homemade sausage. It came with potato salad and beans. I also got some brisket end pieces to try. The brisket was solid. It had a great flavor, the fat was rendered nicely, and the meat was moist and tender. I thought they could have done a better job with trimming the brisket prior to smoking it. The fat cap was about a half inch thick. I could not bring myself to eat it. The brisket end pieces were enjoyable. It gave me a better idea of the smoke profile. The homemade sausage was a welcome surprise. The beef sausage which comprised mostly of brisket had a nice depth of flavor. The casing was snappy, and the grind was coarse to my liking. Both homemade sides were delicious. The beans were one of the better beans I have eaten.

I ate everything in front of me. I would say my first visit to FullHouse BBQ was a success even if I did not get to try any pork products. I guess it gives me a reason to come back to do a full review. Go check out FullHouse BBQ in Georgetown. Grade: N/A
Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 402 W Morrow St, Georgetown, TX 78626
Phone: (512) 608-3803
Website: http://www.fullhousebbq.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FullhouseBBQ/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fullhousebbq

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts