Front Range Barbeque


I was in Colorado Springs for a few days for work. I had gone to Bird Dog BBQ the day before. I was going to give Colorado barbecue another shot. According to others, Front Range Barbeque seemed like a good place to go. You cannot always trust reviews though. Most places have good and bad days. You just never know. That is why I tell everyone to use my reviews as a guide. Front Range Barbeque uses mesquite pellets in their smoker. I have not had meat smoked by wood pellets before.


I ordered the Frontier Combo which consisted of ribs plus two meats and two sides. I got moist brisket, sausage, and sides of coleslaw and red beans and rice. The brisket was terrible. It tasted like it was a pot roast cooked in beer. I could not eat more than one slice. It was dry, and if I would venture to say, it was probably smoked a day or two ago. This is probably the first time I have been served reheated brisket. The ribs came naked which meant no sauce on it. They were tender and falling of the bone, but there was not a lot of rub or flavor. They were also dry. The sausage was another commercial sausage made for them in Denver. It was just okay. If I would guess, the sausage was smoked and then reheated on a grill when it was ready to be served. The sides were bland. I did not finish all of the meat or sides. I just could not enjoy the meal. The cornbread was the best thing of the meal if that tells you something.


Front Range Barbeque does serve other meats on the menu. I am pretty sure I would not be stopping by again. I just do not agree with how they do their barbecue at Front Range. Just say no to reheated barbecue and yes to fresh smoked meat. I felt bad for the waitress. She knew I did not like it, but there was nothing she could have done. There is a Rudy's Country Store And Bar-B-Q in Colorado Springs if anyone wanted to know. I have yet to try it though, but I would imagine it is the best choice in Colorado Springs. Grade: N/A

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 2330 W Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Phone: (719) 632-2596
Website:
http://www.frbbq.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/frbbq
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FRBBQ

Comments

Popular Posts