Miller's Smokehouse


One time, I stopped by Miller's Smokehouse in Belton on a Sunday on the way back from Dallas. They were closed however. Boo. On this particular Saturday, they were my second stop. My first stop was at Pit Stop BBQ in Temple. The only issue there was that they were closed because they were doing their taxes. Weird. Pitmaster Dirk Miller started Miller's as a taxidermy and deer processing business. From there, he started smoking his sausage and added more meats as the business grew. I have tried Miller's a couple of times at TMBBQ events. They are also included in the Texas Monthly Top 50 BBQ list.


I was going to make a few stops today, but I got frustrated with the first place that I went all in for lunch. I ordered two slices of moist brisket, two pork ribs, and some hot link and jalapeño cheese sausage. The brisket was tender, smoky, and succulent. It had a good, oaky bark. Only on Fridays and Saturday that the pork spareribs are on the menu. The ribs had to be the smokiest I have ever had, and they were huge too. I thought they could have stayed in the smoker just a little bit longer because there were a little chewy. Dirk actually agreed with me. The ribs were good, but a little barbecue sauce on top made it even better. Both sausages were good. They had a good snap and were tasty. The jalapeño cheese had chunks of cheese. However the grit was a little too fine for me. They make their own sausage down the street in their meat processing building. The Miller's also run a bakery next door. I could not have indulged. I did not finish everything on my plate because I was so full.


Miller's Smokehouse puts out some of the smokiest meat you will have. If you are on the way to or from Dallas, stop here. Ignore the billboards for the other BBQ joint in town. Make sure it is not Sunday though. Miller's has some good pricing. Next time I want to try the pork butts and the regular sausage. They also have live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Grade: B+


Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 208 N Penelope St, Belton, TX 76513
Phone: (254) 939-5500
Website:
http://www.wildmillers.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Millers
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SMOKINaRIB4you

Comments

Popular Posts