Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ

I have heard about Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ for a while now. I keep meaning to try them, but I never have the time or in the area. I thought they only catered to drunk people. Boy, I was wrong.


On Wednesday's night, Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ has a rib plate special. They normally do not serve ribs during the week. I made a point to go this night because if you have not noticed, I always get at least brisket, ribs, and sausage. Trying to park around there was tough though. They are located in the busy part of downtown. Valentina's is located on West Sixth behind Star Bar. You might miss the trailer if you blink. I headed toward the area after work. On the way, I had to pick up one last Christmas present for my wife from Lush.


I definitely ordered the rib plate which also came with a link of sausage and some coleslaw and charro beans with homemade tortilla. There are a few tex-mex items on the menu so I had to try the brisket taco. I also ordered a small bite of moist brisket. The rub on the brisket was a little salty. Other than that, it is a fine brisket. It had a nice bark with a very pronounced smoke ring. Valentina's uses mesquite wood here which you can smell when you are trying to hunt down the trailer. The brisket was very tasty and really tender. The ribs were excellent in my books. They were smoky, tender and juicy with a good rub. I could have eaten every single rib in a pig from here. They do not make their own sausage, but it was still good. The in-house made tortilla was superb. It definitely compliments a taco very nicely. The brisket taco came with sea salt lime guacamole and tomato serrano salsa. It was quite delicious. All of the flavors worked well with each other. The brisket in the taco came chopped, but you can ask for slices instead. The beans and coleslaw were decent.


I was pleasantly surprised with Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ. I will be back for sure. I want to come back and try the other tacos and the pulled pork. Next time, I can probably get my wife to go considering they offer Tex-Mex items like tacos, guacamole, and queso. They also have sandwiches, but you will miss out on the made from scratch tortillas. I did find out after my visit that they do have lunch hours. You guys should check them very soon for lunch or after a night out on the town. The barbecue buzz on them is gaining traction. Grade: B+


Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 11500 Manchaca Rd, Austin, TX 78745
Phone: (512) 221-4248
Website:
http://www.valentinastexmexbbq.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ValentinasTexMexBbq
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Valstexmexbbq

Comments

Popular Posts