La Barbecue

Updated in 2014

Rain or line? Being able to grab La Barbecue for lunch during the work week has been futile. They are out of certain meats or the line is too long for me to wait every time I have stopped by. It was raining in Austin this day so I knew it would be a good chance for me to get awesome barbecue without a wait. La Barbecue is owned by one of Bobby Mueller's children, LeAnn. Her trailer used to be JMueller BBQ before the following out with her brother, John. If he was still around, Bobby would probably be proud of Wayne, John, and LeAnn in owning some of the best barbecue joints in Texas. Texas Monthly included La Barbecue in the 2013 Top 50 Joints list.


I have had the brisket and pork belly on my previous visits here. This was my first chance to try the trinity of brisket, pork ribs, and sausage together. The brisket was superb as usual. It was tender and delightful. It had a great bark. The only weird thing was the brisket was not as salty as I would like it to be. The ribs were excellent. It was probably one of the best I have had. It was tender and smoky with a nice flavor. The sausage was good, but it did not hit the spot. The casing had a great pop. The grit and fat content was the way I liked it. What did not work for me was the flavor. Something seemed off, and I still cannot pinpoint it. Because of the rain, I did not get a chance to get some free beer. The rain took the experience done a notch but not away from food.

Excuse me for only being able to take one photo. It was pouring, and I was not going to get my DSLR wet. Plus I could not get a good shot of the trailer with my iPhone. I will definitely go back again to enjoy the food without the rain. La Barbecue is one of the top barbecue stops/spots in Austin. I need to try the beef rib next time. Grade: A-

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 1906 E. Cesar Chavez St, Austin, Texas 78702
Phone: (512) 605-9696
Website:
http://labarbecue.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/labbq78704
Twitter: https://twitter.com/la_Barbecue

Comments

Popular Posts